HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
1973: the beginning. Paul East began his love of building in Warragamba (Sydney) as an apprentice carpenter with one mission — to be a trusted local builder.
1980: the reputation. After completing his apprenticeship, Paul continued as a self-employed contractor, gaining experience in all forms of building including renovations, commercial construction and small projects like outdoor entertainment spaces.
1986–7: the re-location. Paul and his wife Helen and their two young sons made the move to Queensland where he was quickly recognised for his quality workmanship.
1992: the turning point. Paul became a registered builder with the QBSA and began building custom homes as well as many extensions, renovations and alterations.
2006: the next generation. Paul and Helen’s son Brad became Paul’s apprentice and now works alongside him as his right-hand. Paul with his experience and Brad with his youthful approach always get the job done to the highest standard.
Today: the new beginning. Two Generations of builders, 18 custom homes, 12 commercial properties later, Paul East Building and Contracting is now almost a household name on the Gold Coast. Home was the first call. Home is still the Number One priority, because home is where the heart is.
- 2001 – Custom home.
- 2003 – Custom home Highland Park
- 2004 – Construction of the William Duncan State School Hall.
- 2006 – First floor roof conversion and extension. Benowa.
- 2007/2008 – Extension and renovation Beaudesert Hotel.
- 2007/2008 – Custom home Pacific Pines.
- 2008 Three level renovation including upper level roof conversion Currumbin.
- 2008/2009 – Renovation with two story extension Mudgeeraba.
- 2009/2010 – Construction Burleigh Sports Club. Burleigh Waters.
- 2010/2011 – Renovation and extension Calamvale.
- 2011/2012 – Refurbish existing two story home Paradise Point.
- 2012 – Construct Epworth House Lung Centre Benowa.
- 2014 – Carport extension Calamvale.